September 4, 2008

Weekley Doctors Visit


Yesterday's visit was very exciting. We found out that I am now 2 centimeters dilated and 100% effaced. He definately thinks that I won't make it to my due date. Before we left Dr. Sylvestre's office he says to me. "See you next week, if you are still pregnant!"

Very scary. I've been waiting for all this to be over, but now that the end is near, I'm having some fears about the pain that's to come. I'm still not clear about what a contraction feels like; could it feel similar to food poisoning? or PMS cramps? or having to take a big shit? or all of them rolled into one.......

And by the way, 10 centimeters is 4 inches. That's about the size of an opening of a mayonnaise bottle. Can a little head fit through that opening? very scary.

Yesterday's Stats:

Fasting Glucose Level 84
After Breakfast Level 111
After Lunch Level- forgot to take since I was picking peaches with Lalena
After Dinner Level 98
Ketones: Negative
night time insulin 25 units

7 train: Young white woman offers her seat to me
(still everyone on the 6 train ignores the pregnant woman)

Food consumed:
Breakfast:
cracker with swiss cheese
coffee with half-and-half

AM Snack:
Kashi TLC bar

Lunch:
grilled cheese with avocado

PM Snack:
yogert with berries

Dinner:
whole wheat spaghetti with meat sauce
broccoli

PM Snack:
homemade vanilla peach ice cream

No comments: