September 15, 2009

One year ago from my last blog post and a lot has happened...


It's been a long time since my last post...I've lost about 40 lbs and we have a new member of our family...
I'm back after about a year and a week to be exact...and I'm back to this blog, and I'm going to try hard to keep up with it, even if it's just pictures and no captions.

So on September 11, this year, our son Hiro Hanan Maddock Spiller turned one. Hiro Hanani is what Steve Teitelbaum likes to call him, by his Hebrew name, picked out with the help of the guys at B&H Photo.

September 11th fell on a Friday this year, I had to work until 5pm and Hiro Hananni's bedtime is 8pm, and Chaim and I were too tired, and couldn't get our act together to throw a party so instead, the birthday boy went to work at Franklin Furnace with Chaim since he hadn't been there since July.
I made 35 banana blueberry miniature muffins for his party.
Here he is showing the staff at the Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Arts and Creative Outlet how to do the wind the bobbin dance.



Of course a birthday is not complete without a cake, and so a week earlier in St. Louis, when we were attending Hiro Hanani's cousins Bar Mitzvah, Aunt Jill got him a nice big Angel Food cake covered with cream cheese icing.

No comments: