July 17, 2008

Back from a 7 month hiatus




Unemployed and sweaty, I now have some time to update the goings on here in Woodside Queens. Barefoot and pregnant, we are selling stuff on E-bay, living a white trash existence these days.

I've gained about 25 lbs, and there's a dance party that occurs every afternoon and night in my belly.

My ObGyn is French Canadian, which means that Chaim gets to discuss the finer points of Pine Soda and Poutine at our monthly visits.

We tend to do the big things in life around the start of the year so it's easy to count and keep track... Just as we got hitched on New Years eve, Baby H was conceived around New Years....and his due date is on the Fall Equinox, September 21st.

The first trimester was hell...for many reasons. We couldn't tell anyone about why I was so tired and throwing up twice a day. We would get invited to Sushi restaurant openings, Film Premiers parties and other fun get togethers with premium food and liquor and I would have to make excuses for why I couldn't drink the champagne or eat the raw fish/oysters. After a while, I just stopped going out.

The second trimester was great, as all the books and friends tell you. I was energized enough to resume some building in the shop, and the last thing I constructed before I got banned from the table saw was this shed.
This green (left over paint) parallelogram shaped shed sits on the back corner of the garden and is now aptly titled Hillbilly Hills. The back sliver of the yard definitely has that certain shack-livin' atmosphere, especially when we drag out the BBQ grill that Chaim's father gave us. Its a family heirloom from Buffalo, with a steer painted on it. Here's our first July 4th BBQ in Hillbilly Hills.

No comments: